Generate random concepts for use in your RPG adventures or fiction projects. Click the number of concepts to generate and there they are!
Number of Concepts to Generate:
There are currently a total of 1321 concepts that may be produced by this generator.
The last X concepts generated during this page visit are remembered, so that no concept is generated a second time until after at least another X concepts are generated during this page visit. To allow any of the last X generated concepts to be generated again, just reload the page.
You must decide how to make use of each concept. These concepts vary in scope; some are generic in nature, others are more narrowly focused. Some concepts may be similar to others. As with all tools of this nature, it’s up to you to use what you will and ignore what you will. Each concept generated by this generator is intended to be taken as a noun where possible, but it’s really up to you how you use the generated words when any of them may have more than a single meaning.
- If you’re stuck on what to write about next, generate one concept and see if you can work it into your story or RPG adventure.
- Generate one concept and write a piece of flash fiction or an RPG encounter based on the concept.
- Generate two or three concepts and choose the one you like the best. Then use it for flash fiction or an RPG encounter.
- Generate one concept for the major plot of a story or RPG adventure, then generate two concepts for subplots.
- Generate five concepts. Choose one concept for the major plot of a story or RPG adventure. Choose two of the remaining four concepts for subplots.
- Generate two, three, or five concepts, drop one if you wish, and use the remaining concepts in the order displayed as a starting outline for a piece of fiction or RPG adventure.
- Combine the results of this generator with the results of the event generator, or other generators on the Eposic site for sparking even more ideas and writing prompts.
The EPOSIC Random Concept Generator is intended for use by fiction authors and RPG game masters. It is intended for use in sparking ideas for your stories and RPG campaigns. Use it at your own risk and discretion.