Generate random events for use in your RPG adventures or fiction projects. Click the number of events you want generated, and presto, there they are!
Number of Events to Generate:
There are currently a total of 572 events that may be produced by this generator.
The last X events generated during this page visit are remembered, so that no event is generated a second time until after at least another X events are generated during this page visit. To allow any of the last X generated events to be generated again, just reload the page.
You must decide the details of each event. These events vary in scale, from events involving a single individual or creature to events involving entire populations, planets, or stars. Some events are generic in nature, others are more narrowly focused. Some events may be similar to others. As with all tools of this nature, it’s up to you to use what you will and ignore what you will.
- Generate one event and write a piece of flash fiction or an RPG encounter based on the event.
- Generate two or three events and choose the one you like the best. Then use it for flash fiction or an RPG encounter.
- Generate one event for the major plot of a story or RPG adventure, then generate two events for subplots.
- Generate five events. Choose one event for the major plot of a story or RPG adventure. Choose two of the remaining four events for subplots.
- Generate two, three, or five events, drop one if you wish, and use the remaining events in the order displayed as a starting outline for a short story or RPG adventure.
- Generate ten events, drop up to two of them, and use the remaining events in the order displayed as a starting outline for a novel or longer RPG adventure.
- Generate fifty or one hundred events if you want a long list of events from which to choose.
The EPOSIC Random Event Generator is intended for use by fiction authors and RPG game masters. It is intended for use in sparking ideas for events in your stories and RPG campaigns. Use it at your own risk and discretion.